Turns out having a 3rd child will make everything fall to the back burner...for at least a year in my case, since I could barely function at the end of my pregnancy.
That's why I declared "war on clutter" this week. It has truly been a gift - no school, games, parties, doctor appointments OR husband working 14 hour nights! One week spent at home tackling one closet/project at a time.
This is a few things I've learned:
- Bo is good on clothes until he turns 4, that's when Ben decided to put holes in every.single.pair of jeans.
- Children don't care about a toy until you put it in the garage sale pile.
- I'm so smart to bargain shop in the off-season (and glad I chose this week to organize all the clothes, because I would have been seriously irritated to find those 6 pair of new shorts later in the year!)
- Medical textbooks loose their value...fast.
- Saving every single thing your child drew, painted or pasted is way overrated...I only save some and still have a tub full.
- I might have some weird hoodie obsession, because Bowen has 6 for next fall (costing only $1-$3 each though)
- Baby toys, also way overrated. My boys like balls, cars & books and never used a teether, no matter how appealing I thought it was.
- I'm more gypsy at heart than I thought, having gone 2 years without hanging anything on our bedroom wall just because I know we'll be patching up nail holes in another 2 years.