Thursday, February 17, 2011

Marriage takes three

As a Christian, I know God should be the center of our lives, our families.
And at the center of our family, our marriages.

As a human, I'm a little more hard headed and tend to figure things out on my own.
It took me awhile to realize that even if your spouse is Mr/Mrs. Right and you love them with your entire heart... marriage does, indeed, take three.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this poem and thought it was worth sharing:

I once thought marriage took
just two to make a go.
But now I am convinced
it takes the Lord also.

And not one marriage fails
where Christ is asked to enter.
As lovers come together
with Jesus at the center.

But marriage rarely thrives
and homes are incomplete
till He is welcome there
to help avert defeat.

In homes where Christ is first,
it's obvious to see
those unions really work,
for marriage still takes three.



Cindi

Image by Cool Text: Free Logos and Buttons - Create An Image Just Like This

No comments:

My tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Get your own free Blogoversary button!