Sunday, April 24, 2011

The gift of Easter

He is risen!

Easter is my favorite holiday. I realize I'm in the minority because Christmas get so much attention... Don't get me wrong, I love baby Jesus as much as anyone! He is a gift and everyone thought He was sent to rule the world...like sit high on a throne in an Earthly palace and rule as king.
Now we know His plan - to walk among us and spread God's word.
To save our souls.

Jesus, who lived a perfect life, hung on that cross for me. That is the ultimate gift.
"But God is so rich in mercy, and he loves us so much that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead. It is only by God's grace that you have been saved "
Ephesians 2:4-5 (NLT)

And all we have to do is accept this gift...
"God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it"
Ephesians 2:8-9 (NLT)

What an awesome gift!
And I thank my Lord every day for knowing I could not make it to Heaven on my own.

Rejoice in His perfect love, His gift.

Happy Easter!


Cindi

No comments:

My tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Get your own free Blogoversary button!