Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just me?

When I'm pregnant, I have to eat all the time. I'm not talking about being huge, 8 months and starving...I mean from the beginning. Most women are too nauseated to eat but I find eating helps with that. Even now as the morning sickness is subsiding, I need to eat every couple of hours or I feel weak, lightheaded, shaky. But it's hard because I'm busy with the kids and I can't think of any new snacks (salty, not sweet ones)- I'm actually kind of tired of eating. But I don't want to feel yucky, so I keep eating and at this rate I'll gain 100 lbs. Is this just me?

post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cindi,
Found your blog through Jennisa's site. Looks great!

Yes, during my pregnancies, I wanted to eat all the time too! It's not just you! I would suggest putting food aside on a plate versus eating out of a bag or box. Try eating an apple first when you're hungry and then filling up on other foods. Do you have a Costco? They have this salty/sweet pub mix that's really yummy, but it's a huge container, so you'll need help monitoring portions or else you'll eat 1000 calories of it! :)
Hope you'll visit my website www.losingweightafterbaby.com for more ideas!

COURTNEY said...

Great blog! I also saw it on Jennisa's site (can't wait until she gets to me on her waiting list..wish I were a more patient person). I know exactly what you mean about the eating thing. I lived off of biscuits and gravy for the first 4 months of my pregnancy. I have to eat every few hours or I get lightheaded and sick to my stomach. I had to do a fasting three hour glucose test and I felt so crappy by the time it was done that I pretty much cleaned out the buffet at Pizza Hut. My thinking is, if the baby wants to eat it, who am I to deprive him...I'll probably gain 100 lbs. too.:)

My tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Get your own free Blogoversary button!