Thursday, July 3, 2008

Scary

The roads in my new town are horrendous! Right before you get to our neighborhood our road is reduced to it's original 2 lanes, apparently the funds/desire to continue the widening ran out right before you get to us. So when I turn left to go home traffic stacks up behind me (there is also no shoulder) which is dangerous. I just have a feeling I will be rear ended one day and it nearly happened the other day. I was waiting for a break in traffic so I could turn left when I check my rear view mirror and see a car speeding toward me. I still can't turn. They slam on their brakes and I move forward thinking even if I move a foot or so maybe it will be enough so they won't hit me. Then I cringe and pray my kids don't get hurt when this idiot slams into us. Well, they were within inches but didn't hit us so I turned onto my street with my heart pounding and thought I was going to throw up until I took a few deep breathes to stop shaking. I said a prayer of thanks then wondered if I would be as lucky next time.

1 comment:

John Michael said...

OMG! I'm glad that nothing happened!!!
-JM

My tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Get your own free Blogoversary button!