Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Spreading the love

I got these spiral notebooks for the kids today at Target - Hello Kitty for Brin, Spiderman for Ben. They had their choice between a ball or a notebook and both chose the notebook but Brinley was whining for her ball when we left. I reminded her she just got a ball from Nece & Pawpaw and she decided on the notebook. Ben backed me up "you just got a ball and you chose the notebook, Brinley". Then he reassured her "it's okay to cry" and she said "I miss daddy" and reached around for a hug so he hugged her and reminded her again that she picked the notebook (ignoring the daddy comment) but she seemed comforted by him and stopped asking for the ball.
Then as they are writing in their notebooks, Ben said "I love Brinley" aww, I said "you're a good brother and she loves you, too...don't you Brinley?". "uh-hu, I like Ben" she said. She chose the word "like" odd but still sweet. My house is full of love today : )

2 comments:

Allison said...

Ahhh..you have the sweetest and cutest kids! I *heart* them! :)

Cindi said...

Thanks! of course I don't post the stories of how, in the bath, they spit on their hands then touch each other and laugh - lol.

My tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Get your own free Blogoversary button!