Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My B&E

B & E is breaking and entering for all of you who have not have the pleasure of watching Dane Cook "Viscous Circle". It started innocent enough last Friday with some house hunting, in which I managed to drag my sister and niece along (thanks guys!). I spoke to a lady about a furnished house for lease/purchase option with a pool and she said she might be out of town on Friday so when I called Thursday and left a message and she didn't call me back, I assumed she was gone. I have time to waste in between my appointments and decide to take a peek at it. I'm on the correct street, but can't find the house number then it turns into a turnabout then changes into another street. Well, as I'm turning, there is the correct house number in front of me. So we park and start peeking in the windows and my accomplices are dogging the house "eew, country blue and dried flowers everywhere..." etc. I'm really curious about the pool so we enter through the side (which took some prying, by the way) and go into the back yard. No pool. I'm not impressed and "they lied" I said.
Well, when we get in the car to leave it dawns on me that house is facing the other street. It's the wrong house!! No wonder they didn't have a pool! We just broke into their yard and peeped in their windows, and criticized their house!!
I wish the story ends there, but there's more. We leave fast, before some one calls the police but are laughing hysterically. We find the correct house and once again, because we don't learn from our mistakes, start peeping. We go in the back yard and I am relieved to see a pool so I know this is the house. We continue our peeping in the back windows and I see a lady sitting at the kitchen table!! yikes! I jump back around the corner but my sister still has her face up to the glass. I'm trying not to yell but say in a loud whisper "There's someone in there...there's someone in there". She doesn't hear me until she makes eye contact with the woman at the table. Which is an image she says she'll never get out of her head.
I wish I could report I was mature enough to go to the door and explain but we were too shaken up and instead got the heck out of dodge and never called or went back. We were nervous every time a police car passed us for the rest of the day.
Needless to say, we're not getting that house. I didn't like the pool anyway - LOL.

No comments:

My tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Get your own free Blogoversary button!