Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thank you to a stranger

Some days are just harder than others. A few months ago I was in the grocery store and the kids were out of control. I was on the verge of tears when an older gentleman said to me "you women are amazing creatures". I was thinking "what?" (hopefully it didn't show on my face) and he went on to say how he admired women, mothers in particular and how they juggle it all . He told me I was doing a great job. I thanked him to be polite but then took a deep breathe and felt relief that someone (it didn't matter he was a stranger) saw the bigger picture rather than my whining children. I also felt valued and a fresh sense of power washed over me. When he saw me on another aisle my children were behaving and walking right beside me. This time I smiled but I didn't thank him enough.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Oh my goodness, why didn't you tell me you had a blog? I'm a blog addict!! Anyway, YAY now I can keep in touch with yall! Good Luck finding a place in OK - I think we might go out to eat with Bryce tonight. :)

My tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Get your own free Blogoversary button!