Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Not smart

To prepare for the arrival of my washer, dryer & fridge that arrived first thing this morning : ) I wanted the boxes out of the garage to make way for delivery. So, last night after the kids went to bed and I watched a movie then decided to put the last empty boxes in the attic. Not smart because the attic ladder is really big and heavy and I already had difficulty with it. Not smart because if I get hurt, I'm here with 2 kids and no one to help. I decided to take my phone with me because I had a bad feeling. But still did it, so again, not smart.

This is what happened...I'm standing on a kids beach chair slowly lowering the ladder when the chair busts out from beneath me causing the ladder to fall open on me. Obviously, I survived but man did it hurt. I have minor scratches and bruising to the shoulder and elbow (right on my funny bone - ouch!) and my arm is very sore. I think I'm lucky because it could have been much worse and plus I still got those boxes up there. Yipee, clean clothes! Ya like my little shelf I found to hang? It does the job.
Isn't it weird there's no window by the front door? It could use one.

Yep, he's already managed to climb the mailbox.


1 comment:

John Michael said...

Make sure to keep a spare room ready for us! ;)
I'm glad that you didn't get hurt in the attic!
-JM

My tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Get your own free Blogoversary button!