Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Settling In

We are getting settled in and with the exception of the bookcases in the living room (I can't find my shelf brackets-even though I know they made it here), I only have the extra room to finish up! I'm learning a few quirks of the new house, like how you can only adjust the temp in the shower not the pressure (didn't mind that before I had hot water) and the towel & toilet paper holders fall apart if you touch them and there's no place in the laundry room for my detergent, dryer sheets, etc. Just one shelf that's too high for me to reach. Overall I really like the house, even the little "apartment" kitchen that seems like it's in the living room doesn't bother me so much because I can keep an eye on the kids easily. And the dishwasher is quieter than my old one, so are the ceiling fans and the garage door that incidentally works every time I push the button (yeah!) There is a big storage closet in the hallway, all the outside lights work, and I have a big mantel for the tons of pictures of my kids.

So we start a new chapter. A big thunderstorm came and washed the sand off my car, which kinda made me sad but it's called moving on...

3 comments:

John Michael said...

i have the brackets in my truck. and by the way, the lights outside will work if you replace the bulbs

John Michael said...

PS - that was B-LO blogging under my account! ;)

-JM

Cindi said...

What are you doing on the computer - shouldn't you be packing?

My tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Get your own free Blogoversary button!