Sunday, October 5, 2008

Looks like daddy

Brinley decided that our scarecrow we made today "looks like daddy". Jared from Subway I can understand, but this scarecrow? The only resemblance is the old boots he's wearing (and they didn't make it into the pictures). And don't ya love the sombrero from Pancho's ? He fills the big empty spot on our porch nicely and the kids like him.
Bryce worked this weekend so this scarecrow and my Apple Pecan Cheesecake were our projects. The cheesecake turned out good except one thing threw my for a loop- one line of the ingredient list read just like this...
1 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar, divided 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
Is it just me or is this odd? maybe a typo? Okay I understand 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp. and this is to be divided between the actual cheesecake and the topping but the last 2 tbsp. the recipe never specified what to do with them, so I did nothing. It still turned out but maybe next time I'll just add them to the topping : )
And I have to mention...today is my little sis's 30th Birthday!!! Happy Birthday Lin! and welcome to your 30's.

post signature

1 comment:

Allison said...

My random comments:
1) Cute scarecrow! Still lol about the Jared subway guy and Bryce.
2) Happy Birthday to your sister!
3) And you're 20 weeks! Halfway there!!!

My tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Get your own free Blogoversary button!