Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

Everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing when those planes crashed into the World Trade Center seven years ago today.


I was waiting for my apartment gate to open so I could proceed to work, still a giddy newlywed because I had only been back from my honeymoon 4 days. That's when I heard Kid Kraddik announce the first plane had crashed into a tower and at this point it was believed to be an accident. Soon after we began to realize it was no accident and fear struck, even way down south in Texas. Where would they strike next? Would my husband be going away to war? Would there be a war here, on American soil? These are the things that scared me the most.

I believe we invaded the Middle East with the most honorable intentions. And no matter what your opinion on the war you have to be thankful there are people, like my brother in law, and many, many more men & women - who are strangers to us - that are willing to fight to protect our freedom. I know I am.

So, here I am 7 years later, with so many experiences behind me...none of which resemble living in a war torn country but just a few minor adjustments like going through stricter security at the airport....and I still feel so blessed and proud to be American.




post signature

No comments:

My tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Get your own free Blogoversary button!