Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Fair!

Well, our trip to Turner Falls was postponed yet again - this time due to my nephew's stomach virus so Saturday we thought we would check out the Oklahoma State Fair.
We arrived hungry so eating was first on our agenda. There was a long line at this Indian Taco stand and since we're in Oklahoma, I thought I would try it out. It looked good - like a giant taco salad. It had a big Indian flatbread shell, beans, lettuce, cheese and Indian taco sauce. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed - the sauce was gross and it was mostly lettuce but the flatbread part was good. We also had caramel apples that the kids begged for, had one bite then Bryce & I "had" to finished them. They had corn dogs and later on, ice cream and I tried chocolate dipped cheesecake on a stick- yum!
When we arrived these people that were leaving gave us 2 vouchers for wristbands that let you have unlimited rides - a $50 value!!! Then when I was in line for the wristbands, a lady was leaving and had a bunch of tickets left she wanted to sell, so I got a $20 sheet of tickets for $9 for Brinley who didn't have a wristband- what a bargain. Good thing we didn't spend a lot on rides because Ben, who was so excited to ride them was soon distracted by these trumpets he saw other kids playing and his quest to find them (and I think he was hot & tired). Luckily all it took to win these was $3 and picking a duck out of the "pond". We didn't even use all the tickets & ended up giving them away when we left.
We also went to the auto show and I got to sit in an Acadia, which I still love. We saw the sea lions and caught Jump! - the dog show on our way out which the kids loved. The funny thing about this was when we arrived we had just missed the dog show and the next one was 5pm and Bryce's comment was "sorry kids, we won't still be here for the next one". Nope, we watched the 6:30 pm show instead- haha!


post signature

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looks like you were in the right place at the right time when you got to the fair. Sounds like ya'll had a super time..and had some good eats.

My tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Get your own free Blogoversary button!